Monday, March 2, 2015

Burma Superstar


image
Speaking of food you can only get in the Bay Area, I was fixated on trying Burma Superstar on our trip. I don't know why out of all the food I hadn't tried in the Bay Burma Superstar was the one I was really upset about, but I couldn't get it out of my head. My instincts did not lead me astray; the food was incredible. It was pretty dark in there so the pictures aren't the best but oh my goodness was it delish.
image
We split the Oh Noh Kauswer soup and Sesame Beef, and I'm still dreaming about that soup. I know Burmese food is a blend of all the countries that border it and I felt like a lot of those flavors were present in this soup. The coconut base reminded me of Tom Kah, but while Tom Kah is usually light and lemony the Oh Noh was really rich and savory. I could have finished the entire bowl by myself, it was so good. I've been inspired now to try out some of the Burmese restaurants near my house and I'm hoping their Oh Noh will be just as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment