Friday, February 27, 2015

Old Faves


image
Anytime I talk to someone who mentions they're going to be in the Bay I tell them they have to eat at two places: Homeroom and Tartine. Homeroom is really close to my heart because the first time I went was a few weeks after they opened, and I fell in love with it immediately. I don't know how anyone (except maybe the lactose intolerant & vegans) can not instantly fall in love with a place that only serves mac n cheese. I have the cookbook now so I can bring a little bit of Oakland to my kitchen in LA, but it's not the same as having the real thing. When I was up North I decided to branch out from my usual Gilroy Mac and I tried a Smoky Cheddar Bacon Mac which did not disappoint.

image
When we went to Tartine though, I stuck to my usual. The pastrami sandwich at Tartine is perfect. The bread is amazing, the horseradish is wonderful, and the spicy pickled carrots they serve on the side are incredible. Sometimes it's best to stick with the old fave.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment