Friday, March 13, 2015

Pretty Girl Rock

A silver lining to listening to Pandora stations all day at work is that even when we're playing a station I didn't pick I'll occasionally discover a song I actually really like. My latest discovery is Keri Hilson's Pretty Girl Rock. Aside from the fact that it's super catchy, I love this song for the same reasons that I love Kanye; I just really appreciate any time someone can unabashedly celebrate themselves. I remember reading somewhere Kanye said something like 'You want me to be great but don't want me to say I'm great', and I thought that was really powerful. I've loved Kanye ever since, even though he gets a lot of backlash for his attitude. So many people struggle with self-confidence, and then when there are people who aren't afraid to sing their own praises they get vilified too. You can't win, so you might as well just say you're great and let that confidence shine.





<3

No comments:

Post a Comment