Monday, November 24, 2014

Ode to LA

If you remember, I wrote a post when I moved back to LA that was basically about how I hated LA, but since I was going to be here I was going to make an effort to at least reach a point where I could be neutral about it. The other day I was driving home from work when this Rilo Kiley song came up on shuffle, and when it got to the line "No matter how cruel I've been, LA you always let me back in" I realized something. I don't actually hate LA anymore. I don't know how it happened! Somewhere along the line I started admitting there were some cool things about LA, and now I can admit that there are actually a lot of things I would miss if/when I move somewhere else.

So yeah, I guess I'm begrudgingly grateful that LA always takes me back, even when I'm being a jerk who refuses to admit that maybe she kind of likes it here now.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment