Sunday, November 3, 2013

FUN in LA: Sleigh Bells

Sleigh Bells
For a long time I was confusing Sleigh Bells with Best Coast. It wasn't until I saw the trailer for Bling Ring and I fell in love with "Crown on the Ground" that I realized my mistake.

So when my friend asked if I wanted to see Sleigh Bells with her a few weeks ago I didn't hesitate to say yes. (Full disclosure: I hesitated a little bit because my work schedule can be unpredictable, but when I knew I didn't have to work I was all in.) 

We ended up missing the opening act but we got to the venue in time to see Sleigh Bells and it was SUCH a good show. Alexis Krauss is my new hero, she's so badass. She backed onstage in the robe she wears in the Bitter Rivals video, with one fist in the air and it made me want a leopard and satin robe so I can enter every room the way she did. It was a small venue to begin with, and we ended up right at the edge of the stage so we had a perfect view.

Sleigh Bells
Sleigh Bells
If you get a chance to see Sleigh Bells live, definitely take it. In the meantime, check out their new album.

Have you been to any good shows lately?

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment