Friday, November 29, 2013

FUN in LA: Moonlight Rollerway

Moonlight Rollerway


You guys, I've found a wonderful place. One of my coworkers is moving away, so we wanted to have a going away party for her and another coworker suggested we go roller skating, which led to this beautiful discovery. The Moonlight Rollerway is so awesome, every corner was Instagram worthy, from the signs outside to the carpet inside. I was pretty sure we'd be the only ones skating on a Thursday night, but there were a lot of people there who were clearly regulars because they were skating PROS. The rink had a great atmosphere too, everyone was really positive and helped us (me) when we'd fall instead of judging us for not being on their level. I'm pretty sure some of the ladies who were skating do roller derby, just to give you an idea of how badass they were.
Moonlight Rollerway
Moonlight Rollerway
Moonlight Rollerway


The actual skating itself was so fun! Normally taking someone who has trouble walking in general and strapping wheels to their feet is a recipe for disaster but I only fell 4 times! By the end I felt like I was really getting a feel for it and my roller blading moves were coming back to me.

Apparently this roller rink is famous! It was the one featured in the skating episodes of Parks and Rec & Modern Family and a Katy Perry music video was filmed there. I can totally see why they use it as a filming location, it's a gem. If you're coming through LA you have to stop and skate here.
Moonlight Rollerway

When was the last time you skated?
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment