Friday, June 14, 2013

FUN in LA: Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo
Last week Lena, Chelo, and I went out to Little Tokyo. I hadn't been in a while, and I was looking forward to checking out the current exhibit at MOCA, but for some reason I always end up in Little Tokyo on the day that MOCA is closed. (Seriously. I think the last time I went to MOCA I was 15, every time I've tried to go since it's been closed.)

But we still had fun! We caught the Metro and ate at Daikokuya, which was amazing. My only other experience with ramen has been Orochon, and there is no comparison. The broth at Daikokuya was perfect! I ordered tsukemen, and I've been dreaming about it ever since. After lunch, Chelo met up with a friend while Lena and I got coffee at Demitasse. I ordered an orange-thyme latte that was excellent, but it was so strong I was buzzing from the caffeine before I was even half way through it.

The only downside to Little Tokyo is that there's not much to do besides eat (especially when MOCA is closed), but the food alone is definitely worth the trip.
Little Tokyo
Blurry tsukemen
Little Tokyo
Lena looking supercute, as usual

No comments:

Post a Comment