Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Whole World is a Garden

my secret garden
Have you guys seen the movie The Secret Garden? There may be more than one version, but the one I'm thinking of is the one with Maggie Smith. I was so in love with that movie when I was a young lass. According to my mom, I would watch it and then talk in an English accent for the rest of the day. I don't remember that part, but I do remember watching it over and over again, as kids do. The weird thing is that it's kind of a strange movie for a small child to latch onto; quite a bit of the movie is just silent scenes where the main character explores the house/garden.

my secret garden
my secret garden
my secret garden
Anyways, I loved it then and it still holds a special place in my heart now, so when I stumbled onto this particular section of the Huntington it felt like I was finally walking through the garden I had imagined in my youth. I'm not sure if there's actually any scene in the movie with a lily pond, but something about the lilies reminds me so much of it. It just feels magical, I could sit there all day.

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment