Tuesday, March 26, 2013

i made a pie!

Pie!
I made an apple pie y'all!
I've always thought of pies as extremely complicated things to make, and I don't actually know why it is that I thought that except maybe for the fact that I had never seen a pie made from scratch before. This past year one of the things on my "21 before 22" list was to make a cheesecake in a springform pan, but I think that making a pie is a worthy substitute. I had an early birthday dinner with my family tonight, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try out pie making. I used this recipe from A Beautiful Mess, and I used vanilla instead of bourbon only because we didn't have any bourbon on hand. I also used Trader Joe's frozen pie crust, because it was my first pie ever and I felt like I was entitled to a shortcut.
Pie!
Pie!
Pie!
Pie!
It was actually a lot easier to make than I thought it would be. I used my Mandoline to slice up the apples after I peeled them and from there pretty much all I had to do was whisk together the other ingredients for the filling and pour them over the apples.

Next time I will definitely make the crust from scratch as well. Got any pie recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment