Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Knitting

Pink Scarf
Last winter I was eyeing a few oversize scarves on etsy, but I couldn't justify spending so much money on something I could make. When I was cleaning out my closet a few weeks ago I found this pink yarn and decided to put it to use. I went with a simple stitch because I knew I wanted it to be wide so I thought I'd simplify the project where I could. The downside was that I only had two rolls of this yarn so it ended up being a few inches shy of the size I wanted (this is also why it has the world's saddest fringe), but I can wrap it around my neck so I'm calling it a success.

I kind of rushed this for no reason, because LA doesn't have seasons so it's not really like I needed this to protect me from the cold, but a girl can dream. I think next time I'll pick a thicker yarn and possibly larger needles. Also I think I'll add some variations in texture to my next scarf, I got kind of bored of just knitting the same stitch over and over.

Pink Scarf
It's nice to be knitting again!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment